The application procedure at CBC is designed to be as straightforward as possible: A prospective student may obtain the college prospectus and application form directly from the college website or by request through the post. Having selected the course they wish to follow, the student must firstly ensure that they meet the specified entry requirements.
The completed application form should then be submitted to the college together with the following items:
– Two passport sized photographs.
– Copies of qualifications: an official body should attest these; otherwise the original documents must be provided on arrival.
– Payment of the registration fee and minimum deposit of 40% of fees.
The college will then issue documentation to confirm that the person has been accepted as a student at CBC and enrolled on the course selected.
The remaining balance of the tuition fees will be payable in a maximum of three installments (unless by alternative arrangement with the college) and must be paid before the examinations are written.
Students applying from overseas may transfer the payment of their course fees directly to the college bank account as below: (the transfer document should also be faxed to the college)
Account Details will be provided upon request
If necessary, documentation can be provided for bank purposes only on payment of the registration fee. This will confirm that the prospective student will be accepted on the course selected on payment of the appropriate deposit but will not confirm enrolment.
Rule - 01
All students must be aged at least 18 or the minimum age specified for the course, provide the documentary evidence that they satisfy the entrance requirements of the course and pay the non-refundable registration fee.
Rule - 02
If a student opts out of a programme, fees already paid are not refundable and they will be liable to pay the full amount.
Rule - 03
If the College decides not to run or terminates a particular course before its completion, due to lack of a viable number of students or any other reason, then all course fees will be refunded.
Rule - 04
Anyone who has been refused an entry clearance (visa) into Ghana due to falsified documents would not receive any refunds at all.
Rule - 05
If a student chooses to withdraw from a course, the following refund policy will be applied:
• If written notice is given 4 or more weeks before the commencement of the course, all fees paid will be refunded.
• If less than 4 weeks notice is given before the course commencement 40% of the fees will be retained by the College.
• After the commencement of the course no fees can be refunded and any student is liable to pay the full balance of the course fees irrespective of their attendance.
• In all cases, students who have been provided with documentation confirming their enrolment at CBC are not eligible for any refund (except at the discretion of the College).
Rule - 06
Having been accepted as a student and enrolled on any course at the college, it is not possible to defer the commencement of the course unless under exceptional circumstances, however a deferment fee equivalent to the first intake will be charged.
Rule - 07
Any overseas student can only defer a course for which they are enrolled twice, i.e. after the second intake of that course after which time no more deferment will be considered and no refunds will be made. However, deferment must be made before the commencement of the programme and a charge will be applied.
Rule - 08
Students who are absent from class because of illness should notify their instructors as soon as possible and must provide a medical certificate if the absence is for more than three days. All class assignments remain the responsibility of the student and are not routinely excused because of illness.
Rule - 09
A student may be dismissed from the college for any of the following reasons:
• Disruptive behaviour in class.
• Failure to meet the academic/social standards of the college or repeated failure of the course.
• Three or more absences from classes without reasonable explanation. In all of the above cases no fees paid will be refunded.
Rule - 10
In the case of withdrawal or dismissal all details will automatically be referred to the relevant authorities.
Rule - 11
Students dismissed from the college shall not be re-admitted. Students who withdrew or were withdrawn on medical grounds may be re-admitted on receipt of a satisfactory medical report.
Rule - 12
Whilst studying at the college the student agrees to keep the college informed of any change of address.